Some last minute opportunities!
Don’t miss the IAPS Online Exhibition coming up
Entry deadline September 5
2023 IAPS JURIED FALL WEBSHOW The 43rd OPEN DIVISION
The 43rd Open Division of the Fall Exhibition will be displayed on the IAPS Website, www.iapspastel.org. This is an online exhibition only and no work will be shipped.
AWARDS: Best in Show – $2,000, First Place in Honor of Urania Christy Tarbet – $1000, Second Place in Honor of Maggie Price – $600, Third Place – $400, four Awards of Merit – $200 each.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to artists who have an up-to-date membership with an IAPS member society EXCEPT ARTISTS WHO HAVE ACHIEVED IAPS MASTER CIRCLE STATUS. THESE ARTISTS SHOULD ENTER THE 11th MASTER CIRCLE DIVISION. A current list of IAPS member societies can be viewed at http://www.iapspastel.org.
ENTRY DEADLINE: The entry form, digital images of work to be submitted and payment of the entry fee must be submitted to ShowSubmit.com no later than September 6, 2023.
ELIGIBLE WORK: Please read carefully to make sure your work meets the following entry requirements.
- Works must be in dry pastel. No oil pastels. Mixed media must be predominantly dry pastel.
- Work must be original, not copied from other artists or published materials and from your own reference. Any reference provided by an instructor is not eligible, including an instructor- provided photo, still life setup or model setup.
- Work that was done in a classroom or workshop scenario is ineligible.
- All artwork must be originally drawn and not created on top of any type of photographic image.
- All work must have been created within the last two years.
- Paintings of nudes will be considered for acceptance.
- Work may not have been accepted in any previous IAPS Exhibitions. This does not include IAPS Member Society shows (see details below).
- Work may be for sale. NFS is acceptable. Failure to meet any of the requirements for eligibility may result in the artwork not being juried. Artwork submitted and accepted into this show that has been shown in a previous IAPS exhibition will be rejected and one honors point will be taken from the point total of the Artist. If this is a second infraction, the Artist will receive a two-year ban on entering future IAPS shows.
IAPS reserves the right to exclude from exhibitions any artwork deemed offensive, or any artwork that violates the laws of the United States, or of state or local governments. The jurors will be aware of the following points while choosing paintings for a show. While not requirements, they will be taken into consideration.
- The top layer of the painting should be at least 80% dry application of pastel.
- We recommend that you submit work that has not been included in a national show during the last 12 months and has not won an award in any previous exhibition. We suggest that you not submit your entries into shows that will be running concurrently. IMPORTANT DATES July 21, 2023– Call for Entries announced.
September 6, 2023 – Entry deadline (entries must be RECEIVED by this date, midnight, PST) October 13, 2023 – Notification, Announcement of Awards and posting on IAPS Website.
IAPS MASTER CIRCLE AND IAPS EMINENT PASTELIST
Acceptance into this exhibition earns 1 point; an award earns an additional point. For information about the IAPS Master Circle, Eminent Pastelist, or the IAPS Code of Ethics, please see the IAPS Honors page on the IAPS web site, http://www.iapspastel.org.
ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $35.00 for the first image and $10.00 for each additional image. Up to 5 images may be submitted by an individual artist. Entry fees are not refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
ONLINE ENTRY: Entry is online only. Go to www.ShowSubmit.com, log in to your artist account (or create an account if you don’t have one), click the New Entry button and scroll down to the 43rd Open Division Exhibition.
Follow the directions for entry. Payment will be by credit card or debit card.
Instructions for preparation and specification of images are found on the ShowSubmit show page.
NOTIFICATION: Up to 5 entries may be submitted, no more than one per artist will be accepted for the exhibition. Paintings will be selected for the exhibition by a jury of three artists working in collaboration. All Artists will receive notification by email when the jurying and judging are complete. Posting on the IAPS Website will occur shortly after. Please add office@ShowSubmit.com to your safe senders list to ensure email delivery.
NOTICE OF CHANGE TO PAYMENT OF AWARDS: Award recipients will be paid by check (US artists only) or by PayPal transfer (non-US artists). We can no longer use bank transfer methods. If you are unable to accept payment by these methods, you should consider the award a donation to IAPS.
ENTRY PROCEDURES FOR ARTISTS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES: Use the same entry procedures listed above. All payments are in USD.
SALES: Sales are the responsibility of the artist. A 30% donation to IAPS will be accepted on all sales through the Website.
If you have questions or need help with the online entry system, contact Austin at support@ShowSubmit.com.
For any other questions, please send email to Susan Weber at email@example.com.
JUDGE OF AWARDS: Claude Texier
Claude Texier is French, born in Morocco, where she spent her first twenty years. She practiced drawing and painting very early on, then gave up pencils and brushes to devote herself to her family and professional life. Wishing to resume her art in 1994, she discovered pastel and devoted herself to it. She began exhibiting in 1995. In 1998, she exhibited with the Pastellistes de France who named her Master Pastelist in 2000. She participated in numerous exhibitions in France. In 2007, she exhibited in New York with the PSA (Pastel Society of America) and obtained the title of Master Pastelist. Subsequently, she also exhibited in Montreal with the PSEC (Pastel Society of Eastern Canada) where she also obtained the title of Pastel Master in 2011.
Her website: www.ctexier.com presents some of her works as well as the calendar of exhibitions in which she participates. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org